Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine banquet

Our church had a valentine banquet tonight. It was lots of fun, good food, good fellowship and lots of laughter! I haven't laughed that hard in a lllllooooonnnnnnggggg time! :) Everything was decorated so pretty and we even had sitters to watch all the kiddos! Kayson enjoyed some of my mama's dressing and mashed potatos. He loves to eat. Everyone shared some about themselves and their marraiges, how they met, proposed, first dates, stuff like that. Them my sis had the women write 2 things they wanted to get rid of and why and then read them out loud to everybody but replaced the things with the husband's name! So she said I wanted to get rid of Glenn bc I just didn't like him and he didn't fit. I was really talking about some DVDs and some clothes! It was really funny, some of the answers were pretty outrageous! (too old and small, in closet two yrs and never used, always breaking, decluttering) I don't know where she finds these games! Also learned that one couple has been married 30 something yrs and married when she was 15 and he was 19! they grew up practically neighbors. Learned too that my inlaws first date was to a valentine banquet! pretty cool. I took 3 lbs of quartered strawberries with cool whip to dip them in for dessert and came home with no strawberries! :) I think they were a hit. so HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY and remember to tell those special people around you how much you love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment