Sunday, February 25, 2018

Kayson Strong as and eagle Day 31

Monday 2-19-18
This weekend I really started realizing and somewhat processing just how close we came to losing our precious baby boy.  That the Docs don't really even understand how he is still here.  Oh, I just, I just, oh, I just don't know..........  I can't even imagine, I just can't!  I need him, we need him!  Oh Jesus, Thank you!  Thank you God for baby boy!  Thank you.  Words just fall so short.  I just don't even know what I'm typing bc the words just don't express enough.  My heart is just so full of so much.  So here we are, in a place we never thought we would be, learning things we never expected to need know, leaning on others in ways we always thought we could handle ourselves bc life has hit and hit us hard!  But we still have him, whatever the future holds, he is still with us!  As we wake this am, my miracle wants his windows open to let the sun in.  He also wanted to know where his daddy is this am.  This boy has sure become extra attached to his daddy.  He has started taking his meds by mouth which is another huge step towards getting his feeding tube out!  Glenn put some new glass protectors on my phone and iPad bc the others had cracked.  We use the tempered glass protectors so when he pulled the old one of my iPad it was like this big piece bc the glue was still holding it together.  So I started cracking it more and Glenn got onto to me so I continued cracking it over the trash and Glenn kept giving me a hard time for being so destructive and I was like well, its trash anyways and Kayson was just laughing at us, he thought it was so funny.  :)  Then we took him out to the playground and he crawled to the tunnel and climbed (with his daddy supporting him) up the ladder and slid down the slide.  He was still wobbly at times but he was doing it and enjoyed the playground.  When we got here and they gave us the tour and showed us the playground, I thought well we may not get to use that, he can't even walk again yet.  Well, not even a week later and he's out here playing!  I was so wrong!  PTL!  :)  Then childlife found him and they made slime and then worked on his abc's.  He's getting a few confused.  Then she put his slime in a baggie to bring back to his room and later I whispered to Glenn "How long do we have to keep this?!?" and Kayson answered, "forever"!  There is absolutely nothing wrong with the boys hearing!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment