Thursday, February 1, 2018

Kayson Strong as an Eagle Day 11

Tuesday 1-30-18
Oh my brain is sooooo tired.  Sometimes I have trouble remembering the days or when what happened.  We have started receiving mail at the hospital and RMH.  It's so exciting to get and helps brighten our days.  We have started a scrapbook and have a binder with an accordion file for all his mail and are hanging some on his whiteboard.  I know the day will come will he will want to look through each card and drawing and have them all read to him.  He has always loved cards (all my babies have).  Tues evening was super hard, and hard to leave him.  Everyone at the hospital has been so wonderful and kind and compassionate except the nurse that night.  She said some things, I left the hospital almost in tears.  I really think she prob thought she was being helpful, she really seemed to like Kayson and her job but I just wish she wouldn't have acted like she knew more than the doctors.  I thought about not writing about it and I'm not sure I really want to repeat here what upset us so much, I will say one of the things she said was we couldn't touch him and she made it sound like she thought we needed to go all the way home, 2 hours from my baby!  I decided to mention it though bc it is part of the story and to mention what happened next and give glory to God, I have to mention the bad.  We've had several people checking on us everyday but that evening after getting back to RMH, I heard from my pastor's wife, our children's director and another close friend all within like an hour.  Like God knew I needed that encouragement.  It was like God speaking peace.  When we called the hospital before bed, she was very thorough about how he was doing.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are blogging again just hate it is under these circumstances. Think about you everyday and pray every time you cross my mind.

    ReplyDelete