Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Kayson Strong as an Eagle Day 25

Tuesday 2-13-18
Today he ate crackers and drank from a straw for speech!  Its so exciting to see him eating!  Luna the therapy dog came to visit again.  She is so pretty.  We talked to her handler and learned she was a rescue dog.  Kayson also told his daddy to go away.  lol  I was sitting with him and let his right hand be free and he used to to take the restraint off his left!  Such a smart boy!  He also chewed up his aspirin for the nurse.  Another step to remove that pesky tube!  He ate a bit of pizza and tortilla with butter for lunch.  Also he was getting super fidgety and we were trying to get him to communicate what he needed to us and we figured out he had to teeter, he did not want to go in his diaper so his daddy carried him to the potty and steadied him and he went in the potty!!!  He also started things for fun.  again, BOYS!  LOL!  We also had a visitor from church come and take us out for a bit while Marmie stayed with Kayson.  It was nice to get to go to a new place for lunch and we found an antique store.  I love walking through those and thinking what the stories of each item might be.  I've also decided that I am going to start a button collection.  I kept seeing all these buttons for sale there and it kinda made me a bit sad bc I love buttons (I don't know why) and I used to have a pretty cool although small collection and the kids (those precious little people God entrusted to my care) lost them all years ago.  So I decided something this day!  (This is not where we all say uh oh). At the church youth garage sale in the fall a very large (biggest one I've ever seen) mason jar was donated and I fell absolutely in love with it and bought it!  This is going to be my super button jar!  I am going to collect buttons starting as soon as I get some, lol and my grandchildren will have a button jar to enjoy when they come to grandma's (Lollie's) house. I got so excited at my decision in the store and Glenn was just laughing at me!  He was like you're so silly and I was all like so I don't care!  I'm going to have a button jar and this makes me happy so there!  LOL  Can you imagine, all those shapes and sizes and colors, my brain just goes into this sensory happy place, lol, I just want to run my hands through all my imaginary (for now) buttons!  I know, I'm weird.  Think of all the coolness I can do with the buttons and my future grandkids, sorting and counting and learning colors.  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment