Thursday, March 1, 2018

Kayson Strong as an Eagle Day 32

Tuesday 2-20-18
1 MONTH!  Today marks a month since our nightmare began.  One month since I had a healthly boy with no health issues aside from his mild migraines.  One month.  One month of hospitals and meds and docs and being away from home and other children in others houses.  One month.  As I sit and reflect on this one month mark, I also think of Kayson's story.  Everyone keeps saying oh he has such a story now, he has such a testimony, and let me tell you, I do not dispute or doubt that at all but you really have to know his whole story, bc he has so many layers and he's only 7!  He already had pretty amazing things to be told before all this too.  I do not pretend to be able to accurately interpret all the pieces to his story or explain them all, I just know what is and that's what I will write here.  When I got pregnant with baby boy, I did not have insurance.  I applied for and got on pregnancy medicaid.  (This is where I have all kinds of explanations and things running through my head to type here bc I've heard the judgement before and I know some people reading this will form their own opinions, I will not feed into that here, this post is about baby boy so I will refrain.)  Here's the deal, this ended up saving my life!  Baby boy saved his mama's life before he was even a year old!  Shortly after he was born and even a bit before, I began getting sick off and on but consistently.  I would not have gone to a doc if not for him, in fact I almost didn't even mention it at my six week check up, but I did and my ob said you need to get that checked, I think it's your gallbladder.  So I did and it was and the surgeon that removed it said it was the worst one he had seen!  Another thing, we are big on making sure our babies have names with strong meanings, so as we were in name discussions we posted on FB for suggestions bc we were having trouble deciding on and finding a name within our parameters that we could both agree on.  Our parameters, you ask?  1) middle name = family name, that one was easy to agree on, Pierre, my daddy's middle name and it means rock but 2) the first name has to start with K sound, it can be a C or a K but has to have the hard sound and a good meaning and I always want a good spelling.  For some reason I can be very picky about name spellings.  So we posted.  A close friend (she knows who she is!) posted his name spelled Kayson and I fell in love with it.  I knew Glenn would like it bc he had already suggested it spelled different but I didn't like the spelling so when she spelled it like this I loved it!  Then we looked up the meaning and it means wait.for.it....................HOUSE!  Really strong, right?!? right???  lol, but remember his middle name? Rock!  So my baby boy is House on the Rock!  Now that's a strong name!  Another layer to his story is one that I don't have answers for, God knows, this is where I do not pretend to have all the interpretations or answers or anything but I will tell it like it happened even though I don't know the why.  My grandma lost her first baby to SIDS and that has always been a fear.  While I have always prayed for protection over my infants, this time was different.  This time I felt I needed to pray for angels specifically with each child by name and specifically for the angels to watch for the child's breathing and make sure they do.  Also I have continued to pray that prayer nightly for his whole life until recently.  I don't know what all this means but I know we serve a big, huge God who has my precious baby boy in His hands!  Another more recent aspect to Kayson's story is just a week before his hospital stay started!  He and Cayden saw Papaw (my daddy) fall nine feet from a ladder.  First Kayson comes in and informs me Papaw fell (I didn't know how high he was up) but that he's fine.  Then Cayden comes in and says the same, he says Papaw is up and walking and said he was fine so at this point I'm not worried and I can hear daddy outside walking around and talking.  Well, about 15-20 minutes later Kayson returns and he is very puzzled.  "Mama, did you know Papaw fell?" "yes" "Well, *pause* he keeps repeating himself *pause* over and over."  still very puzzled and at the point I can tell he is somewhat concerned.  "He keeps asking the same questions over and over" At this point I get concerned and decide I better see for myself.  An hour and a half later I have finally talked my daddy into the ER and he is diagnosed with a sprained ankle and a concussion.  They sent him home with orders not to sleep for 24 hours! and not to return to work for at least a week and get a doc's clearance before!  Keegan and I stayed up all night with him and Kayson made it till 2:30 ish.  Then teens took the day shift.  And daddy is still with us!  God's grace!  Just God's grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment