Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Kayson Strong was an Eagle Days 26 - 28

Wednesday 2-14-18
MOVING DAY!!!!!!!!!  I rode with him to OCH (Our Children's House) in the ambulance.  He remembers this ride and it was my first time riding in an ambulance.  Marmie stayed with him his first night here so Mama and Daddy could go out for Valentine's.  That was so fun, we went to Dave and Busters and I had never been before.
Thursday 2-15-18
Busy day with lots of therapy assessments and chaplain visit who gave him a prayed over stuffed sheep.  so cute and soft.  He wrote his name!  We got a tour of the new facility, cool playground!  He is out of his restraints and doing great!  They came by and gave him a heart pillow that he loves.  He also cried when Glenn left for the night, tears and everything!  Broke my heart!  He wanted a happy meal for dinner.  We went to the playroom and he played with duplo legos and a huge connect four with his daddy.  Watched some olympics before bed.
Friday 2-16-18
fed himself his yogurt.  Loves his new light up batman tennis shoes, stomping!  Got pull-ups for him to wear instead of diapers since he's going in the potty more and more.  He got to swing in PT and kicked a ball and he's walking more and more.  He started moving his wheelchair on his own, he liked that.  gives him a sense of control I think.  This was a hard a day and I felt like crying most of it.  I got mad at the speech lady's attitude and her rules and she had his food come already cut for dinner and another lady told Bridge that "seven year olds DON'T have strokes!" when we were trying to get an appt taken care of.  Bridge made her look at the page and everyone else in the office was crying or close to it.  The lady never apologized.  some people.  BUT the nurses really like my detailed charting for Kayson bc we have to write down all his ins and outs and I'm pretty detailed.  They want to use my notes to show other parents what they need!  lol, that made me feel good.  So thats a good note to end this post.  :)

1 comment: