Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Kayson Strong as an Eagle Day 23

Just laying here with my boy, feeling him breath.  Concentrating on the rhythm of his breaths and feeling so grateful for this chance!  Later as I'm sitting working on thank yous (I think) for the ICU nurses, I hear something outside the window and look out and it is sleeting and if you look real closely you can see tiny snow flurries.  Glenn hooked our computer up to the TV and we got to watch some of our church service.  That was neat.  I miss everyone so so very much!  We have such an amazing Jesus family!  They have come alongside us and loved us so very completely.  Everyone needs such a a wonderful Jesus family!  Marmie came and visited and washed his haired brushed his teeth and brought him new clothes and I clipped his nails and he was all fresh and clean.  :)  When the head neuro doc came in to see how he was doing, Kayson told him to go away!  The doc was soooo excited!!  He did tell us that Kayson will be on aspirin long term if not for the rest of his life.  He also has this chew stick thing from speech therapy to help him work on those muscles so I wanted to show his Marmie how he could chew.  So I stuck it in ice bc they said the cold helps wake the mouth up and the stick is hollow, well when I let him chew, I heard a crunch!  He got a piece of ice that got caught in the chew stick thing!  He liked that!  :)  and he crunched and swallowed it!  Victory!  Then we had our first fun trip out of the room.  We went down to see the trains.  He seemed to like that!  He also has been saying more and more.  Said I love you!  started laughing and sticking out his tongue!  being silly again!  Answered Whats your fav color?  "blue" said kiss to me for a kiss without being prompted!  Kirsten came to see him for just a little bit since she didn't get to come yesterday.  Papaw brought her and she brought her art pieces so we got to see them!  I am so proud of the beautiful young lady she is becoming.  It is so exciting to watch her grow!  Kayson also slept well through the night.

1 comment:

  1. I so love your blog Hollie. It makes me feel so much closer to you!

    ReplyDelete