Friday, February 9, 2018

Kayson Strong as an Eagle Day 17

Monday 2-5-18
When we arrived at the hospital this am, baby boy was watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and he was glued to it!  We don't let the kids watch PG-13 till they are 13 but his nurse didn't realize it was and thought he would like it and it was on the hospital playlist so she turned it on for him.  She felt bad and apologized more than once.  We just laughed it off, its not too bad of a PG-13 anyway and it entertained him and some rules just don't apply in these situations.  We felt bad that she felt bad, lol.  They said he had another good night and slept.  PT and OT came and they even stood him up (fully supported) for a few seconds.  He put some rings on a post using his right hand.  Speech came in and had a spoon getting cold in ice and got him to swallow once and he even held the spoon in his right hand and put it up to his mouth.  He also tried to high five one of the neuro surgery docs but couldn't get his hand all the way up bc of the restraints he has to wear bc he's pulling his feeding tube out.  The head neuro doc came by and said his recovery is miraculous!  He also said it could take 1-3 months for Kayson's speech to return.  The doc also asked how my crochet was coming along!  So sweet of him to even think of it!  The whole neuro team was in there and one of the other docs pointed out Kayson's flexibility bc his knee was resting on his chest.  He's always been pretty flexible.  He also started trying to wipe his own mouth, we have to watch him close bc he has figured out how to wiggle down to the restrained hand and try to reach that tube! OOoooo  Also Music therapy came by for the first time.  That was soooooooooo neat!!!!  He help the mallet and played the little xylophone and pounded on the bongos and then dropped the mallet to pound the drums with his hand.    It was so cool to see him so engaged!  She was so sweet too!  Then I needed a small break so I walked to the waiting room to eat a snacking I got so frustrated bc while I was in there trying to breath a bit, in walks this mom with a guy friend and they have two big suitcases and a motorized child's chair and they take up quite a bit of space and she's loud and then her friend goes and gets more stuff!  Another wagon full.  They had sooooo much stuff.  They kinda walked in like they owned the whole place and no one else mattered.  Then she gets on the phone and starts YELLING at whoever is on the other end.  I was so stressed by the time I finished my snack.  I started having panic attacks.  It was crazy!  I was so happy that when I got back to the room, they told us to get ready to move out of ICU!  They came pretty quickly and moved us to a regular room.  After we got there, he smiled at us for the time since his stroke!  Melted my heart!  I almost cried and of course I videoed it! He also waved at the doc on the floor!  I stayed the night with him that night bc he was super restless and took forever to get to sleep but once he got to sleep, he slept through the night.  If these posts start seeming more detailed, I started writing notes down.  Maybe my brain is starting to work some again too, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment