Friday, February 9, 2018

Kayson Strong as an Eagle Day 18

Tuesday 2-6-18
This am Kayson smiled at the head of neuro surgery.  We are so super extra beyond excited about his smiling!!!!!!!!!!!  Can you tell???  LOL He kicked at a ball for PT.  Then Luna, the therapy dog, came to visit!  She got to lay in bed with him and he actually petted her!  Then the boy pulled his feeding tube out AGAIN during his speech therapy!  Oh, this boy and his tube!  When the head neuro doc came in to check on him, the doc told my mom that he has never seen someone that has lost so much cerebellum and that Kayson's recovery is miraculous.  These are some of the best neuro and neuro surgery teams in the US for pediatrics and they get patients from all over the country so it is saying a lot that they've never seen anyone quite like my boy before!  *mindblown* It is hard to comprehend! The looks on peoples faces when we tell them our 7 yr old had a stroke!  Its so crazy and we are living it and its been over two weeks and it still seems so surreal.  My boy!  My precious baby, that was walking and talking and perfectly healthy and happy and sooooooo sunshiny can't even hardly communicate with us right now.  Don't get me wrong, I know he has a long ways to go and should fully recover these things, although there are moments I get so scared, and I am so completely grateful that he still has his life and that he has been blessed with the chance to regain all these things but it is hard.  I miss him running up to me and saying, "Mama, hug!" out of the blue.  I miss seeing him hug baby girl!  One of my biggest joys of having a little little in the house has always been watching the older ones interact with them and form special bonds.  Oh, Jesus, why my boy? Why my precious Kayson?  What did I do wrong?  WHY??????  Disclaimer: These are raw questions, they do not haunt me but they are thoughts every so often, I know I serve an almighty, all-knowing, powerful, mighty God and I do not mean any disrespect to Him but I believe He can handle my pain and my rawness.  I have to believe He can handle my questions (no, I do not expect answers, nor do I believe this was a result of anyone's wrongdoing, save maybe Adam and Eve's, lol) bc if He couldn't handle my questions, how am I supposed to believe He can handle my boy's injury???  and I DO believe!  If I had no belief I would have no hope and I could not live in that place!

2 comments:

  1. Kayson is a strong and he has a strong mother to help him through this time. Continued prayers and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayson has a double dose of courage and strength, it is from both you and Glenn. I admire your strength and raw courage to deal with such a tribulation, and to be able to put it all down in words for all to see.
    Romans 5: 1-5 (1)Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, (2) through whom also we have access by faith into this Grace in which we stand and rejoice in Hope of the glory of God. (3) And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; (4) and perseverance, character, and character, hope. (5) Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
    God Bless You All, in Jesus'name Amen

    ReplyDelete