Friday, March 2, 2018

Kayson Strong as an Eagle Day 41

Thursday 3-1-18
Hello new month.  You find us still here in Dallas and not home.  And you start out stormy!  We found out this am that Kayson will be screened sometime after discharge for dyslexia.  I knew he seemed to be having problems with reading (he's not yet) and counting.  I feel a bit relieved at this though (whether I should or not, I don't know) bc others are seeing the struggles I've been having with him school wise and couldn't quite put my finger on bc I know he can remember things and is super smart!  He came back from his first T as we have taken to calling his therapies, and wanted to watch The Emoji Movie again during his break even though he knew he didn't have enough time to watch the whole thing.  And why is POOP so funny?!?!?!  *eye roll*  BOYS!  When PT came to get him, they left his wheelchair in the room!  When childlife was working with him cried bc he got frustrated at the numbers.  She was working with him to build a small lego car but he had to tell her the number of the step and it was hard for him.  He was glad when he got it done though and got to keep it.  Then Glenn and I went to get lunch and were gone longer than planned bc the mall ate us!  We found Northpark mall, the RICH mall!  LOL  They had valet and a Lego store and a Vera Bradley store and a Tiffany's (first time I've been in one!) (I even asked what their cheapest item is, like in the movie and it was a $45 bottle of body wash and I even got to hold it and get a pic with it!) and an Apple store (another first for me)!  I took selfies!  I take more of those than my teens!  LOL  When we got back to Kayson we found him in the hallway with another little boy both in their wheelchairs and both in neck braces playing the Wii on a portable cart thing!  So cool!  They were both having so much fun!  He smiled and waved at us and went right on playing.  Then it was dinner time and we took him and his dinner down to the cafeteria bc they had a family dinner and were feeding the parents.  It was neat to all sit at a table together.  :-D  It was a good day.  So much to be thankful for!

1 comment: