Sunday, March 4, 2018

Kayson Strong as an Eagle Day 42

Friday 3-2-18
He had a visit from a different dog today, a golden retriever named George.  OCH had a spa day for caregivers this afternoon.  They had someone come and give short chair massages.  I had never had a real massage before.  It was nice, short but nice!  :) Then they had a room set up with a calming atmosphere where we could relax and make a sugar scrub and color and refreshments.  It was really nice.  After we took Kayson to the playground, it was such a nice day outside.  We left his wheelchair in the roman he walked there and back!  woohoo!  We also met another family.  It was so nice to just sit and visit and watch kids play, there was a time I wondered if that luxury was gone forever for me.  We started talking bc they asked about Kayson bc they saw him in a wheelchair just a few short weeks ago and walking today.  He really is super amazing!  Then our other kids got here!  I always love seeing them!  Minus a Chris who stayed home for his first track meet.  We missed him super much but are so proud of him and he ran great!  We made a decision this week about Keegan and told this evening.  He took the news well and is even excited.  We are going to enroll him in "real" school, as he calls it, when we get home, after spring break.  This is big for me.  I love having my babies home!  I know though that things will be busy with Kayson and adjusting to Glenn's new schedule and being home again and baby girl and I don't want his schooling to suffer.  Please pray for a smooth transition for him and that he'll make friends and love his teacher.  I'm so thankful that he has been able to continue his schooling with a church family while we've been separated.  I just don't know if there are words enough to express my gratitude for all that has been done for our family during this time.  I just don't know how we would've made it without everyones love and support and prayers!  The people God has allowed us to to know and do life with are amazing!  Keegan was also quite excited to tell me he was able to finish the wimpy kid books.  I'm so glad he likes reading.  as do my others.  Hopefully we can figure out Kayson's reading issues and help him get to where he can also enjoy it.  Then Kirsten got to stay the night with Kayson and me.  She slept in the bed with him, he liked that.  Oh, I love my babies so much!  All of them!  Kayson was a bit restless through the night but I think it was bc he was weaned OFF his methadone!  Now he is fully off all his meds cept the longterm aspirin.  We are so glad to have him off those meds!

1 comment: