Thursday, March 8, 2018

Kayson Strong as an Eagle Day 44 and 45

Sunday 3-4-18
Oh how I miss church!  Kayson is doing so well though, he started snapping his fingers, he helped us with laundry, they have family washers and dryers here at OCH.
Monday 3-5-18
Speech took him without his wheelchair today!  We went out to the playground again, trying to take advantage of nice days and get soak in Vitamin D.  Honey watched youtube videos all afternoon and worked Kayson's new Rubix cube.  lol, He's obsessed!  However it was a pretty rough day all around.  Glenn had a guy be very rude to him over the phone, so much so that Glenn spoke to his supervisor to complain.  Not something Glenn does a lot of!  Kayson had a hard moment in the playroom, threw a fit over losing a game of connect four and not being allowed to cheat and then he ended up being the winner anyways but not before he ended up in my lap in tears!  How do you discipline a hospitalized child?!?  Then when I went to RMH, I did the laundry there and the washing machine broke with my clothes in it and a lady that works there griped me out, said I broke the machine and almost caused a fire all after she very rudely (in a rude way and mean tone) asked if I spoke english like I was stupid if I didn't (again, NOT my opinion on language but how she acted) then she said "you're a grown woman you should know how to do laundry!"  I was almost in tears.  I went over to the machines she had split my clothes into (they were previously in a super load washer) and started to take the dripping clothes out and said I'll take them to the laundry mat.  She was like I already split them for you, heres new laundry pods you don't have to do that.  I told her I didn't like how she spoke to me and they needed to keep their machines in better repair.  Then she led family house meeting that night (they have one every monday and every family is required to attend) and she said how she didn't want anyone going to the laundry mats around here and how they were unsafe and I was just sitting there up front looking at her the whole time.  I think I made her nervous when she thought I was actually going to take my dripping wet clothes to an unsafe laundry mat bc of her rudeness.  I felt like going to Lowes the next the day and purchasing a new machine and putting a big bow on it and a note with her name: Since you so kindly pointed out last night that I am a grown woman, I would like to replace the machine you claim I broke, bc I take responsibility very seriously.  but I didn't.  Oh I was so hurt and mad.  It was hard to stay there and not go running back to OCH and Glenn and make him stay the night at RMH and go to family meeting.  but I didn't do that to baby boy, he likes his daddy with him!  and I did go to family meeting and I held my head high and looked her straight in the eye as she led it.  RMH has been such a blessing but I will not do laundry there again unless they take better care of their machines, if they are going to be that rude when they break.  The machines are not commercial grade machines, they are home ones, they run all day and sometimes all night, they are dirty and the dryer lent traps are broken, I previously almost cut my fingers on wire when I was trying to clean it.  I am still super thankful for RMH and a place to stay and we have met some wonderful people there and it has been a huge blessing all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment