Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Glass Bottle part 7

Forgiveness. In order to truly move on, I knew I needed to forgive: forgive the cult for so cruelly hurting my family and, forgive my grandparents for what felt like abandonment, and I needed to forgive God. He has a plan for my life that will include the pain of these hard times.
Through my life experiences I learned about the fragility of trust. Freshman year of high school I wrote down this thought, "Trust is like a glass bottle. Once formed it is a beautiful creation, but once shattered, can never be reformed completely." I think about this thought constantly, it reminds me that trust is earned, not given freely. In order for people to trust me, I must prove myself worthy of their trust; although this works both ways. People must prove to me that I can truly trust them. I learned through the years, at my wonderful church, how to start trusting in people better. My family (church and biological) helps me in many ways to continue to rebuild my faith and trust in our fellow humans. God and I are now working on piecing my trust in Him back together.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment