Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Glass Bottle Part 2

Sadness. That day I lost a piece of my childhood because I was forced to learn an adult lesson: not all those in authority can be trusted.
Hurt. I was then forced to watch as Mrs. Scarlett's actions, culminating in a 2 hour all-the-things-I-hate-about-you meeting directed towards my mom with the cult leader watching and agreeing, destroyed my mom's light. After which my grandparents, whom we shall call Mrs. White and Colonel Mustard, sided with the cult. They blamed my mom for what was happening and basically cut of all ties with us. It felt like they abandoned my brothers and me. Which means no more Christmas, no more birthdays, no more visits at their house, no more meaningful contact. They stopped coming to everything we invited them to. They seemed to just disappear from my life completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment