Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Glass Bottle part 6

But there's hope. Let me elaborate on that.
Acceptance. Love. Forgiveness...
Acceptance. I learned to move on I need to accept what happened to me and not dwell on the past. Things happen to all sorts of people: good, bad, mediocre, it doesn't matter. We are all people, and not one of us are the same. I also learned that I need to allow people in and just be me. I need to trust that I am acceptable, enough and can be loved for who I am.
Love. 3 years ago we were invited to come visit this church, Longview Christian Church. When we first arrived there, a tad bit late, this lady, who we later came to know as Mrs. Diana, showed us around, and we could instantly feel the love from the whole congregation. This love that we so longed for, that we didn't even believe was real, started piecing us back together. The love paved the way towards trust, healing, and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment