Tuesday, September 4, 2018

First day of school 2018

Wed 8-22-18

I am so NOT a morning person!  But I managed to get up, I have managed to continue getting up too!, made cinnamon toast for breakfast, got meds and vitamins given, pics taken and everyone out the door.  First stop the High school to drop the teens.  They get out, give me kisses and pause to let me take another pic.  The teacher that was greeting said, "Ya'll make your mama so happy!"  :)  Then to the Jr High.  Oh my word, that is a crazy crazy line!  5 rows of cars trying to bleed into one line and the guy kept skipping our row and we had two other schools to get to after this one.  Took 30 min to get this child dropped off!  but thats how the first days go and there are a lot of kids at the Jr. High and at least the others won't get in trouble for being late and everyone is understanding and this is about the only day we deal with drop off bc they ride the bus the rest of the time but gotta have those first day pics for FB.  Ok, FB aside, yes the pics get posted, but I would want the pics anyways, I take pic of everything!  :)  Cayden asked for peppermint for his tummy while we were waiting bc he was nervous.  :( Its hard to leave them when they are nervous!  :(  Then we made it to the front of the line and Cayden got out, kissed me goodbye and someone was there taking first day pics and told him to kiss me again to get a pic of it!  Wish I had thought to ask if that pic would show up somewhere or how I could get a copy!  Oh well, just kinda neat it got taken.  :)  then he paused on the way in to let me get a pic.  Then on to I-4!  We walked him in!  Oh, he looked sooooooo nervous, almost like he was about to throw up and he was pale.  It was his first first day.  And he was so quiet.  He put his bag in his locker, I got a pic and got a pic of sitting at a desk.  His teacher assured me he would be just fine and she even called me that afternoon and let me know he was doing great and participating and no problems!  That really touched my heart!  I cried leaving him!  And we still had another one to drop off!  North Elementary!  LATE!  and we had to stop and buy him water bc we forgot his in the fridge at home!  but it was not a problem that he was late, I'm so glad everyone is so kind and understanding!  He was soooooooo excited!  He was bouncing down the hallway!  I took a selfie!  We got him to his class, he went straight to his desk and started working with the pattern blocks that were out.  I got his pic and kisses and left, or tried to leave, lol, I had to stop at the door and look back!  I cried down the hallway!  That was so hard!  Trust, I have to trust God, I have to!  Kalani was just walking down the hallway like she owned the place.  She makes everyone smile!  :)  You know, there were several people in line at the office to register their kids, I could understand a few, I'm sure people move at the last minute, have emergencies and just get back but this was a lot of people!  How could you do that to your kid, on purpose?  Wouldn't you want to have it done and meet their teacher ahead of time and not have them miss so much of their first day?  I just don't get it!  and again, I'm not talking about extenuating circumstances, we have those at times in different situations and kids adjust just fine and have a great ability for understanding and adapting but to just not register until the last possible moment just bc you just don't, smh.  Anyways, it was just kind of a shock to me to see so many and I felt sorry for the staffs having to deal with it all but they were all still super smily and helpful.  :)  Then we dropped Glenn at home so he could sleep before work and Kalani and I went to my sis's house for a cousin playdate.  The girls are so precious, they played, we talked, had lunch and then we came home for a nap before meeting the buses.  When we walked in the house Kalani started yelling for Keegan and looking for everyone!  we got a nap and then went down to get everyone off the buses.  We have two coming to our house this year bc Kayson is on the special bus.  Kalani was soooooo excited to see everyone, as was I!  Everyone had great days and stories to tell and papers to be signed.  A few days later Kayson said, "Mama, when everyone is trying to talk to you at the same time, we need to do what I do at school, we all need to raise our hands!"  lol, It hasn't caught on yet!  And the 2018/19 school year has commenced!

No comments:

Post a Comment