Monday, September 10, 2018

crazy friday

So the day starts way to early, I am so not a morning person!  However, I do enjoy my time with Kayson waiting on the bus.  Just sitting and listening to him and his logic.  This day we took Kalani with us bc Glenn went up to the school to be a PTA dad greeter.  I think it is soooooo neat that they are getting dads involved and that dads are being involved!  She was still so tired.  When Glenn got home he said he was greeting the kids getting off the buses so he got to see Kayson arrive at school and got a video and he saw him in class before leaving the school.  So neat!  Then Kalani and I got ready and left to spend the morning running around with my sister and her baby.  First we stopped in at Hope's Closet, a local resale shop whose precedes go to help abused women and children.  So Kalani is sitting in the buggie, honestly, she's not used to that bc she's usually being carried or there's an older sibling to chase her and hold her hand but with them all in school, her life has to change some too, lol.  She was being real good, mostly, I mean she tried pulling some clothes off their hangers, threw her pacifier on the floor a few times, tried escaping the buggie too, lol, but those are expected things and I can deal with them, she wasn't screaming or upset or anything.  I usually talk to my little bitties so I was just telling her things like, mama's shopping, sorry older sibs aren't here to chase you but your going to sit, ewww don't throw that in the floor but I wasn't upset either, just talking.  All of the sudden this lady taps my shoulder, I knew she was there but she was looking at the other rack and not paying attention to us, she kinda scared me and then I realize she has a tootsie pop in Kalani's reach, who grabs it, opens it, throws the wrapper down (I picked it up) and pops it in her mouth before I can fully process what's happening!  This lady then says, "I carry these with me for the children, to help the mamas when they are shopping"  WHAT?!?  Lady, you are totally creepy, my child did not need sweets or stickies or candy from a stranger, this is NOT helping me at all and now if i take it, I'll have a screaming baby that was perfectly fine before and happy for the most part!  Not to mention, suckers are a choking hazard!  Not only that bc she slobbered stickiness everywhere, I had to practically give baby girl a wipie bath (with borrowed ones btw bc of course ours were MIA!) and change her clothes when I got to the car and it was HOT!!!!!  NOT helpful, lady!  just creepy!  Why would anyone do that?  Let's just NOT!  UGH!  Then we grabbed some lunch at McDonalds and while I was ordering, Kalani was standing right behind, she had her hand on my leg and I could feel her but as I was about to pay I realized she had let go so I turn and don't see her right away, like seconds, people!  The guy behind points and she was climbing up on a chair!  This girl!  so I grabbed her up and continued to pay, feeling most embarrassed!  Then this McDonalds only had two baby seats and one had been grabbed up by the mom that walked in seconds ahead of us, lol.  My sis was going to just hold her baby girl bc I was nervous about mine running off again but then we sat where there was a booth up next to a wall so I could sit Kalani on it next to me and she couldn't easily escape and my niece could use the baby seat, so it worked out.  After lunch we ran by Target, I picked Kalani out an outfit for her mommy and me movement class she is starting, closest thing to a dance class we can get this young, she just dances all the time!  Then Dollar Tree bc it was right there and I almost had a major panic attack right there in the store bc they have their halloween stuff out and that included rather large s-bugs that I am so very terrified off, like I had to completely avoid the whole front area of the store, honestly had I not been with my sis, I probably would've left!  It's bad!  After that, we parted ways and I headed to park day, however as I got within like 5 min of the park it started pouring rain!  Seriously?  lol.  It was a short lived shower so we still got out to visit with the other mamas and since it hadn't rain much, I didn't realize just how wet it would be!  This resulted in a second wardrobe change of the day before we left the park bc I was not putting her in her carseat like that!  But it was enjoyable to visit with my mama friends and Kalani had a good time running around the park.  On the way home, though, I realize that I didn't grab her bow and she didn't have it on still when I changed her and it was one of my favs!  I almost cried!  It was possibly about to rain and I was barely ahead of the first bus so I really didn't have time to go back and look, I was so sad!  Right as we got home, Glenn was leaving for work and I told him about the bow and the park is on his way so he stopped and looked and found the bow!  Whew!  I was soooooooo happy!  :)  big kids got home, kirsten was holding Kalani up front in her lap while waiting for bus 2 and opened her mail, a college had sent her this big poster picture of their campus and Kalani really liked that and talked and pointed, it was so cute.  Two boys went ahead and walked up the hill to home bc they didn't want to wait and it wasn't raining.  Then Kayson made it home, he had a good day.  :) Then we drove up the hill to home, had snacks, everyone competed to tell me about their days, devices were played on, ready player one watched again (this seems to be becoming a daily phenomena), Kayson left to spend the night with Papaw, dinner was ate, Greatest Showman watched at the teen girl's request and we were all exhausted!!!  That was our crazy friday!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment