Thursday, May 10, 2018

Prayer

Again this may not be your typical "christian" post.  Just a few ramblings of a stay home mama who loves God and has seen his hand in so much but has also lived through hard.  First, I am not an intercessor.  I pray for those who are and highly respect them and they are very much needed but I am not one, nor do I feel called to be one.  I've struggled with guilt over this for a good part of my life, feeling like something was wrong with me bc I just couldn't focus for hours at a time on prayer all by itself.  Don't get me wrong, I pray!  I pray before bed, I pray at the grocery store, I prayed at Kayson's hospital bedside, I pray as I drive, I pray as I talk to babies, I prayed about this blog, I talk to God about everything, good, bad, about things I don't understand, about how to wife and parent and friend, about truth, what is and isn't, about what He has blessed us with and what I'm thankful for.  Sometimes I don't even really realized I have prayed, almost like breathing but more like just sharing life with a friend but a friend who is always there, a friend I won't wear out my welcome, a friend that won't tire of my issues of which I have plenty, lol.  So, I think my encouragement to you would be to just pray, if your called to be an intercessor, we need you!  I'm sure there are moments in life that only an intercessor's prayers have carried us through!  I've felt them and I thank you!  However if that is not your calling, God still wants to hear from you.  Share the everyday with Him, I even have asked him to guide my grocery shopping and at least once I felt the need to put back something I was going to buy and found out like the next day that the very thing I was planning on feeding my kids when we got home, the whole reason we stopped by the store to get lunch and plans changed as I was picking it off the shelf and we bought and ate something else was recalled!  Thank you, God.  Another thought, there have been times when I felt I couldn't pray or I just didn't know what to pray and I relied on other's prayers.  Don't get me wrong, we cannot live our whole lives this way, God wants us but I believe He understands the depth of some pain, I believe He patiently waits for us to be able to speak with Him again but He still hears the prayers of others on our behalf!  So be encouraged and talk to our Father in Heaven!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment