Saturday, May 5, 2018

Kayson Strong as an Eagle ~ Surgery is planned!

This week saw us in Dallas again.  This time for an appt with the neuro surgery doc that will do Kayson's surgery.  We found pretty heavy rain on the way in and almost saw a wreck!  So thankful that we didn't see the wreck and that we didn't get entangled in the mess it would've caused as we were close to the vehicles!  That was even before the rain!  We made it safely to his appt after a stop at Bucees.  :-D  Everything went well, we got a surgery date, June 6, and were able to ask any questions we had.  Here's the hard.  He's only seven!  7!!!!  Just a baby!  This isn't fair!  They go in through muscle in the back to get to the spine.  He will have two incisions bc they also take some rib.  They put in titanium screws (that will not be a problem for future MRIs).  The surgery takes 4-6 hours!  How do we do this?  Oh, this is my baby!  He will be in the hospital about 5 days and will have to stay home for two weeks after.  They said it is a painful surgery.  Did I say this isn't fair?!?  I'm still trying to fully wrap my head around all this.  I know God has my baby, I know He saved my baby's life!  It's still so hard!  I cried some on the way home and before bed.  Prayers are appreciated. Prayers for the waiting, prayers for the surgery, prayers for his recovery, for the docs hands and wisdom, for as little pain as possible, for us while he is in surgery and we are waiting, for the kids that will still be home, for safe travels to and from Dallas, That God carries us all through this time and continues to shine through.

No comments:

Post a Comment