Monday, May 7, 2018

Can God use you?

I could answer this question with all kinds of wonderful amazing Biblical examples of simple people who did amazing things as encouragement that you too can do great things, however, I would like to go in a different direction with this post.  I wonder how God sees our everyday ordinary lives.  When He looks down on us from his majestic throne does He think, oh those little humans, running around doing absolutely nothing with their lives, don't they know they should be more?  I think the answer is NO!!!!  He looks on us in love and even laughter at times.  :) I think we all have great things in us but we don't always recognize it.  We let the world beat us down and make us feel small.  So a few reflective questions.  Is it always the BIG and showy that speaks the most to your heart?  How many times a day do think you might make someone else smile, even a small one?  How many others have blessed you just through kindness in a hard moment?  How many times has someone else coaxed a small smile from you through your tears?  Another one, is it always in person?  over text? through a phone call?  over facebook?  Speaking of facebook, do you ever feel like measuring the effective of your post based on how many likes or comments you get?  On that note, do you look at a post that made you laugh or smile and think well that only has five likes, they shouldn't have wasted our time posting that?  NO!  Well, I don't.  I'm just glad it was posted and it brightened my day, even if I'm the only one that liked it.  I struggled with these feelings a bit when I first got on FB, and if maybe I shouldn't post and then I thought, it doesn't matter, if my words, or pic, or whatever makes one person smile, if it touches just one life, even in a very small way, it was worth it!  And not just on FB either.  Any small daily tasks sometimes I would question.  Did it really matter if I took my kids to the park, did I touch anyone?  What about at the grocery store, did I make difference?  Then I thought, maybe I did.  What about when I encouraged that mom of littles that was close to tears bc her child wouldn't listen?  What about when I spoke to the cashier like they were a real person?  What about when I encourage my children to see and thank those that most people ignore, the man cleaning the tables at the restaurant, the lady cleaning our room at the hotel, the person washing the windows at the store?  So, I think my encouragement here would be that God shines through in the everyday, He shines in the small.  You don't have to "go viral" to make a difference.  God can use you where you are at!

No comments:

Post a Comment