Wednesday, April 20, 2011

from my guideposts calendar

I received an email from my brother Steve, who does a great job of keeping us out here in Arizona up to date on his family back in Michigan. He began the report on his family with this hastily typed sentence: "Everything is god around here." I'm sure he meant to type good, but after I finished reading his letter I couldn't get that little typing mistake out of my mind.
Everything is God around here. How often can I report that about my life? I spent an hour catching up on the newspaper, yet I'm still behind in reading through the Old Testament. I seem to be able to schedule a monthly night out with my friends but can't make it to a regular Bible study.
Everthing is God around here. I think about that almost everyday now and then take inventory to see how my life is measuring up. There's always room for improvement, but that little reminder makes me aware that everyday, God is ready to be invited into each moment of my life.
-Gina Bridgeman
Yes, God wants to be in every part of our lives, the good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly, the smashed glass parts, the making $ parts, the brushing teeth parts, the eating parts, all of it, He wants to be your friend and have a one on one relationship with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment