Friday, July 13, 2018

Kayson Strong as an Eagle ~ surgery day 7 ~ RMH day 2

Sunday 6-10-18
Baby boy slept all night.  YAY!  After breakfast, before it was tooooooo terribly hot and since we had to be careful about him sweating, we cut through the courtyard on our way back to our room and Kayson and his daddy played a game of connect four, a big wooden one in the courtyard.  Then Kayson got his first shower since surgery.  It was so nice to have to his extra collar pads.  After lunch there was an ice cream social with Bingo and prizes!  Kayson got lots of prizes, these squishy things and when I said, "oh, those look homemade" He said, "well, I love them, don't judge my squishies!"  LOL, grab a bubbles, those are so cool, you can catch them without popping them and they stick to everything for a bit, the floor, the wall, your head!  :)  He also got some spinners, an emoji one and some mini ones, they spin really well too.  He even got a bluetooth speaker!  and it lights.  Then he got to choose a quilt from RMH.  Its so pretty and I just love quilts and it has blue and orange, his two fav colors!  Its so kind that people make these with such love!  Then we had some rest time.  I tried to nap but my mind was spinning and my heart felt so broken from everything.  Thankful, blessed but overwhelmed and scared and wondering and broken.  Panic attacks were out in full force today.  I really hate those!  They make me feel certifiable and less of a person and like I can't handle life.  Some days, I just feel like all this is closing in around me and I'm drowning.  We've been through so much as a family, even before this with baby boy.  When is it enough?  When do we get a break and a rest from the pain?  After dinner, we did another movie in the family living room, Spooky Buddies, during which the babies at home facetimed us and Kayson wanted to show them his lego set all done so him and I walked back to the room and finished the phone call and Glenn finished the movie all by himself, lol.  Then off course baby boy was hungry!  :)  So we got a snack in the family kitchen, circus cookies!  I still love those so much!  They are so good and so fun!  lol.  Then back to the room for bed, big day tomorrow.  Baby boy decided to sleep with his collar off, which his daddy likes but still makes me nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment