Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Kayson Strong as an Eagle ~ surgery day 6 ~ RMH day 1

Poor baby, I slept through med alarms!  Sigh, what kind of a mother does that?!?  Baby boy woke up in pain, I almost cried, I was so upset at myself and a little scared bc there wasn't a nurse to assure me he would be fine.  Got meds in him and sat with him as the pain eased and he was able to fall back to sleep for a few more hours.  I however did not rest well after that!  Then we all woke up in time for breakfast, PTL, Kayson was not in pain then and I had med alarms set!  We spent the morning just chillin' in the room and Kayson finished his lego set!  He was so excited.  Then lunch, it is a super blessing that RMH has volunteers provide meals!  Then some Wii, Mario and lego Batman in the playroom.  Kayson was sad though bc the playroom had a train table with wooden tracks but no trains!  Another weird thing in the playroom, theres all these plastic pineapples, like 6, and they are almost life size, like seriously who puts lifesize plastic pineapples in a playroom?!?  LOL!!!  On a different note, a part that's not so easy to type or put into words, especially for a Mama's heart but is part of his story and definitely could benefit from prayers!  Sometimes, since a little after getting home from Dallas, the first long stay, baby boy has started to say some things that breaks my heart and have some concerning behaviors.  This time, he got mad at a game, and started having an attitude so we returned the wii games and controllers to the front desk and went back to the room for a rest and as we were getting into the room, he declared he was going to take his lego set all apart and he wished he had never got it.  I thought I was going to end up giving it away if he was going to continue with those words but he took it back when I said as much.  Then though he was still upset bc he didn't want to rest but he looked tired and we were tired so we told him he was going to lay down and rest, he could watch something on his iPad but he needed to rest and he told me I should just throw him in the trash.  How is a parent supposed to react to that, I didn't even know what to say, it took my breath away a bit.  I'm sure he doesn't mean he really should be in the trash, I know he was acting out and tired and frustrated and mad but............it's still pretty scary.  He's only 7!  We talked about it and how it would hurt so much and he's not trash and he said no he wasn't trash and then he laid down with his iPad and rested.  He comes up to me regularly and tells me he's happy and asks for hugs and he's usually just so sweet.  Then there was dinner.  Again so thankful not to have figure out meals, such a blessing.  And we still have a tired boy.  We decided to do a movie in the family living area, baby boy picked Super Buddies.  He fell asleep before the end, I knew he was tired!  lol.  His daddy carried him to our room when it was over, he was nervous, he hadn't carried baby boy since the surgery.  Then we all crashed!!!  With prayers that there would be no more sleeping through the med alarms!

No comments:

Post a Comment