Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Knowing Him

As we travel travel travel on our vacay, just driving driving driving, I figured it was a good time to get some typing in.  I'm still pretty sporadic in my blogging, but I try.  lol
"God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of His son Jesus Christ our Lord." - 1 Corinthians 1:9
I love living a life in fellowship with Jesus, He is always there, I fail but He is there, I forget Him but He is still there, I doubt His faithfulness but He is still there.
I remember a time around high school when the big question following Christian circles was "When did you accept Christ?" and lots of emphasis on telling your testimony followed by a belief among some that if you couldn't specifically answer with a date and emotional story, you were not indeed saved!  Don't get me wrong, I have many many stories and testimonies about His faithfulness through my life and times I've seen Him at work in and around me but I didn't have a salvation story.  My salvation story = I have always believed, ever since I can remember.  My mom told me I accepted Christ when I was around three.  That's it.  I actually had a church leader suggest that I wasn't even saved at all and it really bothered me and I was so scared maybe he was right but I knew whom I believed, I knew I loved Jesus, I knew He was with me, I claimed Him as my savior and spoke with Him daily, how could I not be saved???  Then my mama and some others I talked to told me that I did have a testimony and a good one, not a weak no one wants to hear it one.  I may not remember praying a "salvation" prayer but I remember Him with me through my life, I remember times of fear and hurt that He had to have carried me bc I don't see any other way I would've have made it to the other side.  I know who I have ran to in thankfulness in times of blessing and Joy.  I cannot imagine walking through this life without Him there!  That is my testimony!  As I look out my car window at all He has made, the mountains and grass and trees and clouds and beauty all around I am in awe of Him.  Even with the screaming baby in the background bc she is just DONE with the car for the day, even with tension in the vehicle bc the pilot light for the fridge in the RV won't come on and the fridge won't run while we are driving and we have food in there!  Even when we won't get to our stopping point till later than we wanted and that puts dinner later than we would like.  Even in these things, I see God.  I see Jesus.  I keep stopping typing to stare out my window and soak in the peace of the landscape.  God, it has to be God, no one else could create such beauty, such majesty!  So look for Him!  Share your life and your story!  Be blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment