Thursday, October 30, 2014

If I'd as Much Money as I Could Spend

If I'd as much money as I could spend,
 I never a broken heart could mend;
I never could buy the snow to send,
 Or buy a trip to the rainbow's end,
If I'd as much money as I could spend.

If I'd as much money as I could tell,
 I never could make a cockle shell;
I never could stay the spring's farewell,
 Or store the tide to buy and sell,
If I'd as much money as I could tell.

If I'd as much money from Pole to Pole,
 I never could buy my friend's dear soul,
For only Jesus can make us whole,
 And write our names on Heaven's scroll;
                 And HE ever could!
                 Oh, HE ever would
                 Do all these things,
                 Kindly and free,
                 Out of His love
                 For you and me.
                                From The Christian Mother Goose Big Book by Marjorie Ainsborough Decker

I read this to Kayson for school today and wanted to share it.  We are using this book as his social studies/character class.  :)  This even made me think about some things!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment